“Ma-ma does everything for the baby, who responds by saying Da-da first.”
The Best Job in the World
This job’s a tough one, Lord,
but the perks are beyond compare.
Who else but a mother
knows the joy of satisfying
a human being’s every need?
Who else but a mother
sees love come alive a hundred ways,
from jelly-smeared kisses and
to crayoned valentines
and soggy, shared suckers?”
Thank you so much for this
this role so few get to know.
Inadequate as my training,
inept as I might be,
I know I have tenure for life.
Even so, I ask your assistance
in making sure I deserve it.
For a bad mother is the worst nightmare
a child can ever know,
and a good one
a dream come true
to curly up with for life.
–from A New Mother’s Prayers,
by Jayne Jaudon Ferrer
Take time out to express your love and appreciation to your MOM today. If you were to just say one word that describes your mom what would it be!
Empower & Inspire to Succeed
Where there is LIFE there is HOPE
“Everything Happens for a Reason”
– Courtesy of lovelysms.com
“To attain knowledge,
add things every day.
To attain wisdom,
remove things every day.”
— Lao Tzu
I’m sure this sounds familiar!
“A hectic school schedule, that never seems to end, a demanding family life, add to that a very very hectic work life, with no time for myself, and I’m feeling totally pooped. Because of that, I’ve been very short tempered lately, practically 3 hours of sleep each night with no end in sight, I feel as if I’m on a constant treadmill.”
This I’m sure is the story for a lot of us busy moms, who seem to want to do it all. However, we need to find time for ourselves, to just rejuvenate, get our juices flowing again in order to spend quality time with our families and not just going through the motion, as our families are what keep us grounded and that should be the most important.
Here are some healthier ways to kick up your energy courtesy of Livesmart360.
- Drink more water. Dehydration can be a cause of fatigue. Our bodies require 6-8 glasses of it a day … not soda, caffeinated or alcoholic beverages.
- The most effective way to recharge our battery is a good night’s rest. It’s important you give yourself time to unwind before you settle down for the evening. Listening to relaxing music, going for a walk, or reading a book before you retire are great ways to detox the mind and calm the body.
- Try not to let life “rattle” you so easily. Let’s face it, there are things we just have no control over like traffic lights, bad drivers and long checkout lines. Instead of becoming frustrated, think of something that brings joy into your life or find some humor in the situation.
- Speaking of humor, give yourself a reason to laugh. There are plenty of short, really funny videos to watch that will tickle your funny bone. Did you know that a hardy belly laugh will relieve tension and stress and leave your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes? It also increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, improving your resistance to disease. It also triggers endorphins, you know, those feel-good chemicals that can temporarily relieve pain. Laughter is healthy and protects your heart as it increases blood flow. So, give yourself a hardy dose of laughter every day.
- Exercise kicks in those happy endorphins that are uplifting and will give you a natural boost of energy. Find a program that works for you. Yoga and Tai chi have been practiced for centuries to not only relax and center you, but give you more energy as well.
- We all know there is that certain time of day when we could really use a nap, especially if you have the kind of job where you’re staring at a computer screen all day and minimal activity is involved. Try changing your focus periodically, plug into an uplifting music channel and boogie along to the music or, take a short stroll outdoors and breathe some fresh air into your lungs.
- Forget the caffeine and grab some dark chocolate as it contains a number of compounds that will naturally stimulate you and make your taste buds sigh “ahhhh.”
One of the leading energy re-chargers most ignored is meditation. It’s a great source to unwind and will certainly help you let go of the negativity sucking the life out of you.”
Read full article here Livesmart360
What do you do, to unwind and de-stress?
Everyday is an Opportunity for a Fresh Start
“Don’t ever let someone tell you
that you can’t do something.
Not even me. You got a dream,
you gotta protect it.
When people can’t do something themselves,
they’re gonna tell you that you can’t do it.
You want something go get it.
“The Pursuit of Happyness”
Everyday is an opportunity for a FreshStart!
Thought you guys would like this. Some really thought provoking sentiments shared about love, that if your honest with yourself, you will know they are true.
“The sun shines not on us but in us.
The rivers flow not past, but through us,
thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell
of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing.”
— John Muir
“Our inability to see beauty
doesn’t suggest in the slightest that beauty is not there.
Rather, it suggests that we are not looking carefully enough
or with broad enough perspective to see the beauty.”
— Rabbi Harold Kushner