“Ma-ma does everything for the baby, who responds by saying Da-da first.”
The Best Job in the World
This job’s a tough one, Lord,
but the perks are beyond compare.
Who else but a mother
knows the joy of satisfying
a human being’s every need?
Who else but a mother
sees love come alive a hundred ways,
from jelly-smeared kisses and
to crayoned valentines
and soggy, shared suckers?”
Thank you so much for this
this role so few get to know.
Inadequate as my training,
inept as I might be,
I know I have tenure for life.
Even so, I ask your assistance
in making sure I deserve it.
For a bad mother is the worst nightmare
a child can ever know,
and a good one
a dream come true
to curly up with for life.
–from A New Mother’s Prayers,
by Jayne Jaudon Ferrer
Take time out to express your love and appreciation to your MOM today. If you were to just say one word that describes your mom what would it be!
Empower & Inspire to Succeed
Where there is LIFE there is HOPE
This is an inspiring story. This is how we as mom’s are, we stop at nothing to ensure that our children and our families get the best care possible.
The following is a testimony copy/pasted from a posting made to the Corporate Facebook Page of LiveSmart 360 on 12/13/13
Stay at home mom of 4, exotic pet zookeeper, wife, teacher… and even referee. these are all titles that i accept wholeheartedly. another one is mother of a child with Autism. when the letters PDD were being tossed around, it opened a whole new realm for us.
At first we followed the doctors orders. i didnt know any better, and wanted to believe that these “experts” had my childs best interest at heart. despite going to COUNTLESS therapy sessions, spending TONS of money between co-pays, babysitters, gas money, etc, i was still having to restrain my son several times a week, fight him every moment of every day to take his medication, and witness side effects of these pharmaceuticals. i looked everywhere for help. the information on autism and PDD was overwhelming to say the least. Hell, i even read an article that claimed katsup was to blame for autism! at this point, what do i avoid? Gluten, sugar, carbs, strawberries…. katsup?? what do i add?
A friend of mine who was helping me do research, told me about some beneficial supplements to try. a simple combination of heavy doses of good quality (no preservatives and appropriate peroxide levels) fish oil and a good quality probiotic. This came at a perfect time, as i experienced one of the most terrifying moments of my life. Once again i believed that the doctors were looking out for my sons best interest, and even had some compelling arguments for adding medications…. so i agreed.
Any mother i’m sure can understand the terror of what i was about to go through. my son became completely delusional. he would have black outs, where i could see in his eyes that no one was there. he tried to throw himself out a window….. my 7 yr old son was trying to kill himself!!! come to find out this was caused by hallucinations! i was horrified. TERRIFIED!!!!
i was loosing my son. my 7 yr old beautiful baby boy…..
That’s it i thought, i cannot allow this to happen. i took charge of my sons medical care. the doctors REFUSED to believe that this was a result from the medication, even though side effects were listed in the manufactures information! HOW DARE THEY!!! i was angry. i was appalled….. i was MOTIVATED…. yes motivated to take charge and DEDICATED to my sons recovery from autism.
I prayed and took the plunge. off the medication he went. i weaned him off as fast as i safely could. i put him on Fish oil and probiotics as fast as i could. it was HUGE leap of faith, i noticed a difference almost immediately. i waited to treat with the supplements after he was off the dangerous medication and the potency effects were almost all out of his system. within 24 hrs my son was less anxious, less in pain, and less angry. it just got better from there….. its been almost a year now since I’ve restrained my son. he is so close to being off every last bit of his medication. he only takes 1 now and we are in the process of eliminating it. he craves the fish oil and i we both definitely notice a difference when we get lazy and skip a day. he has gotten so good at remembering to take it himself! he knows it helps! i know it helps!!! shoot even the football coach/friend has noticed a difference
MY SON PLAYS FOOTBALL!!!!! on a team!!!! with other kids!!!!!
he comes to me with problems and questions
he looks at me in the eye……
MY SON SMILES AT ME!!!
i see my son behind the label “autism”
i see a bright future for my son.
without the help of my friends who gave me advice and LiveSmart 360 products, i have to say that i would still be in a black hole wondering which way was up and how we were going to manage our lives and my sons future.
thank you livesmart for creating this product to not only help save the health of my family, but save the life of my son!
A most inspiring story indeed. What say you..
EVERYDAY IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A FRESH START
I’m sure this sounds familiar!
“A hectic school schedule, that never seems to end, a demanding family life, add to that a very very hectic work life, with no time for myself, and I’m feeling totally pooped. Because of that, I’ve been very short tempered lately, practically 3 hours of sleep each night with no end in sight, I feel as if I’m on a constant treadmill.”
This I’m sure is the story for a lot of us busy moms, who seem to want to do it all. However, we need to find time for ourselves, to just rejuvenate, get our juices flowing again in order to spend quality time with our families and not just going through the motion, as our families are what keep us grounded and that should be the most important.
Here are some healthier ways to kick up your energy courtesy of Livesmart360.
- Drink more water. Dehydration can be a cause of fatigue. Our bodies require 6-8 glasses of it a day … not soda, caffeinated or alcoholic beverages.
- The most effective way to recharge our battery is a good night’s rest. It’s important you give yourself time to unwind before you settle down for the evening. Listening to relaxing music, going for a walk, or reading a book before you retire are great ways to detox the mind and calm the body.
- Try not to let life “rattle” you so easily. Let’s face it, there are things we just have no control over like traffic lights, bad drivers and long checkout lines. Instead of becoming frustrated, think of something that brings joy into your life or find some humor in the situation.
- Speaking of humor, give yourself a reason to laugh. There are plenty of short, really funny videos to watch that will tickle your funny bone. Did you know that a hardy belly laugh will relieve tension and stress and leave your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes? It also increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, improving your resistance to disease. It also triggers endorphins, you know, those feel-good chemicals that can temporarily relieve pain. Laughter is healthy and protects your heart as it increases blood flow. So, give yourself a hardy dose of laughter every day.
- Exercise kicks in those happy endorphins that are uplifting and will give you a natural boost of energy. Find a program that works for you. Yoga and Tai chi have been practiced for centuries to not only relax and center you, but give you more energy as well.
- We all know there is that certain time of day when we could really use a nap, especially if you have the kind of job where you’re staring at a computer screen all day and minimal activity is involved. Try changing your focus periodically, plug into an uplifting music channel and boogie along to the music or, take a short stroll outdoors and breathe some fresh air into your lungs.
- Forget the caffeine and grab some dark chocolate as it contains a number of compounds that will naturally stimulate you and make your taste buds sigh “ahhhh.”
One of the leading energy re-chargers most ignored is meditation. It’s a great source to unwind and will certainly help you let go of the negativity sucking the life out of you.”
Read full article here Livesmart360
What do you do, to unwind and de-stress?
Everyday is an Opportunity for a Fresh Start
I totally love this and thought I would share with you guys. I can definitely relate to so many items on this list. Personally I’m working on # 12 and #15 this year. As a matter of fact I think this should be read everyday as a reminder when you are about to start your day. What do you think?
Do What You Love, Love What You Do!
“Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design.” – Jim Rohn
Courtesy of Daysprings.com
A New Year’s Prayer
As a new year begins, we come to You and ask for Your blessing.
We pray that you would give us joy to fill our days, peace to fill our hearts, and love to fill our lives.
Thank You for the plans You have for us in this new year.
We wait in anticipation to see all You will do!
Thanking God for you and praying your new year is blessed in every way.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Where there is LIFE there is HOPE